Start Date:December 2017
Factory Manager required by Chase Resourcing to work for our Client in Munster. The Factory Manager will ensure the factory achieves continuously improving results in the areas of quality, cost, service, and safety.
The Factory Manager will oversee the factory operations including Health/Safety/Environment, Production, Supply Chain, Quality, Engineering, Finance, HR, Process Technology, etc.
The successful candidate will have proven strengths in operations management, leadership, people development, continuous improvement, technical skills in Canning technologies or similar.
We seek a candidate who has experience in the Food or Pharmaceutical industry.
- The Factory Manager will be the owner of the manufacturing operations for the plant, and the delivery of their objectives.
- Responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety and Environment across the factory while ensuring alignment with site corporate policies.
- Execute & communicate a clear vision for the future to inspire and drive the business to achieve and surpass business goals and objectives (such as Safety, Productivity, Inventory levels, etc).
- Develop operational plans to meet business objectives.
- Owner of the Factory financial operating budget, delivering YOY savings through cost saving initiatives and adhering to global Inventory guidelines.
- Define and manage the Capital budget for the factory in line with the relevant business strategic plan.
- Responsible for creating a culture of continuous improvement, driving operational efficiencies through good manufacturing practice.
- Identify opportunities to optimize cost and deliver same to the bottom line.
- Understand the key success factors of the business, exercise sound judgement and inspire confidence in our customers. Develop strong insight and understanding of commercial elements of the primary technology and gain an insight understanding of customer strategic objectives.
Requirements for the Factory Manager role
- Bachelor’s Degree required – Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or Food Science preferred, from an accredited institution.
- 5 – 10 years of progressive experience in a similar role in a Manufacturing environment in the Food, Chemical or Pharmaceutical Industry; operating at senior management level or above.
- Proven track record in delivering best in class manufacturing performance to support and achieve commercial objectives.
- Experience in managing significant operational budgets
- Understanding all relevant Quality and HSE regulations.
- Certified Six Sigma desirable.
- Strong Financial acumen and proven project manager.
- Industrial relations experience is advantageous.
- Likes autonomy and is proactive – takes ownership and is proactive in working with the site management team to deliver to stated goals.
- Building effective teams – invests time to build a talented team in all roles.
- Relationship builder with excellent communications skills – with relevant stakeholders (working in a matrix environment).
- Results driven with strong decision making skills – is focused and driven to deliver agreed targets on revenue and margin.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 066 9762007 for more information
This role offers career progression and a substantial package is on offer for the right candidate.
Factory Manager required by Chase Resourcing to work for our Client in Munster. The Factory Manager will ensure the factory achieves continuously improving results in the areas of quality, cost, service, and safety. The Factory Manager will oversee the factory operations including Health/Safety/Environment, Production, Supply Chain, Quality, Engineering, Finance, HR, Process Technology, etc. The successful candidate […]View Job >>