Head of Radiology required by Chase Resourcing to work in Doha, Qatar.
Our Client is a leading provider of Mental Health and Substance Abuse services in the region.
The Head of Radiology will manage, plan and coordinate the activities of the Radiology Suite Unit, while ensuring the highest quality of diagnostic imaging services.
Strategy and Performance Management
- Contribute to the development and execution of the departments long-term strategic plan and ensure alignment with the department’s strategic priorities.
- Contribute to the development of annual business plans of the assigned areas of responsibility to support the achievement of financial and strategic objectives.
- Support monitoring and reporting of key performance indicators related to the department in order to track performance and recommend corrective action.
- Manage the activities of direct reports as well as cross-functional clinical teams (i.e. MDT) as appropriate to ensure that all work is carried out in an efficient manner that is in line with the clinical requirements, annual business plans, and policies and procedures.
- Ensure achievement of department’s objectives by recruiting and developing staff, setting individual targets and, conducting and reviewing performance appraisals of direct reports in order to maximise their performance.
- Oversee training and development of team members to ensure continuous progression and high-level of competence within the team.
- Support the department Manager – Clinical Services Support in defining an optimum structure for the department to ensure optimum resource utilisation, fast decision-making and better communication among staff.
- Provide input into preparation and consolidation of the department’s budget and advise line management on risks and opportunities.
- Support the department manager in promoting and transmitting the Client’s desired culture with emphasis on guest client, empowerment and enablement of staff, and creativity and innovation in order to motivate desired employee behaviour and support the Hospital in achieving it objectives.
- Provide input on clinical policies and procedures, clinical protocols, case management, quality assurance programmes in coordination with the clinical teams and in line with clinical standards of care and care pathways.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of Radiology Suite Unit, in order to ensure their alignment with treatment programmes and objectives.
- Ensure ongoing communication with reception/administration, in order to manage appointments efficiently and coordinate Guest Client examinations as required.
- Review work schedules and assigns duties to staff to maintain Guest Client flow and achieve production goals.
- Ensure accuracy and quality of images produced, in order to ensure maintain the reliability of the results.
- Lead Initiate the purchasing process of radiology equipment, in order to ensure quality and performance, and alignment with budget policies.
- Monitoring equipment’s performance, in order to identify any technical issues and work on solving them.
- Always ensure the clinic environment is clean and presentable at all times, in order to meet quality standards.
- Supervise effective coordination and monitoring of contractor staff, in order to ensure service quality.
- Safeguard confidentiality of results, in order to support privacy and dignity of Guest Clients.
- Handle Guest Clients’ complaints and problems in extreme cases, in order to better resolve radiology incidents and ensure Guest Client satisfaction and safety.
- Ensure effective communication regarding radiology procedures and examinations, in order to optimise Guest Client satisfaction and safety.
- Evaluate Guest Clients’ and medical staff’s satisfaction on a regular basis to determine gaps in actual results and expectations, and formulate and execute corrective measures as appropriate.
Research and Improvement
- Seek feedback from healthcare professionals, in order to improve technical and clinical outcomes.
- Stay abreast of latest technology trends, in order to seek and use best-in-class equipment and improve quality of images produced.
- Ensure proper utilisation and adaptation to the management information systems (PACS, RIS & iEMR) in order to ensure effective circulation of information, improve efficiency and optimise the utilisation of resources.
Committee Involvement and Meetings
- Attend relevant committee meetings and perform duties as described in the committee Terms of Reference (TOR) in order to ensure that the committee achieve its responsibilities and objectives.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Recommend improvements to departmental procedures and ensure implementation of policies, procedures, systems and controls covering the assigned areas of responsibility so that all activities meet standards, compliance, and regulatory requirements, align with business requirements, and increase clinical and operational efficiency.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account considering international leading practices, in order to improve business processes, and increase operational effectiveness.
- Implement and monitor all safety measures associated with the imaging equipment in Radiology. This includes both radiation safety measures and MRI safety measures to ensure the safety of Guest Clients and staff. , and Compliance with regulatory requirements is essential, taking appropriate action where non-compliance is evident.
- Ensure that all relative relevant reports are prepared timely and accurately, and meet the department’s requirements, policies and standards.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: HEAD OF RADIOLOGY
- Master’s degree in Diagnostic Radiography or equivalent from a reputable university.
- Professional licence to practice
- Completed training in radiologic technology.
- At least 8 years of experience in Radiography including at least 2 years in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Extensive knowledge of how to operate Radiology IT systems and DEXA
- Knowledge of latest technologies in Radiography.
- Knowledge of infection control
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to accommodate change in the workplace.
- Excellent use of the English language (must) and Arabic language (preferred).
- Basic IT skills and ability to use management information systems.
- Good skill handling personnel from a multi-cultural work environment.
- Ability to motivate, develop and manage people as they work, and identify the best people for the job.
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritise scheduling of work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me in the office on 00353 669762007.
All applications will be dealt with in strict confidence.
Head of Radiology required by Chase Resourcing to work in Doha, Qatar. Our Client is a leading provider of Mental Health and Substance Abuse services in the region. The Head of Radiology will manage, plan and coordinate the activities of the Radiology Suite Unit, while ensuring the highest quality of diagnostic imaging services. Job Description […]View Job >>