Job Type:Full Time
Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce we are recruiting a HR Manager for a major client based in Kerry.
The HR Manager will be responsible for human resources activities at our clients site covering both unionised and non-unionised employees.
Responsibilities of the HR Manager:
- Lead the HR function in a large multi-plant manufacturing facility
- Continue to foster a positive culture onsite amongst employees & management
- Responsible for Performance management
- Advise on best practice approaches to Change Management
- Responsible for ensuring best practice Recruitment & Selection policies
- Communication – manage Employee Engagement
- Implementation of organisational HR systems, policies & procedures as and when required
- Advise and guide local management on HRM initiatives & Employee Relations issues
- Provide management with the most up-to-date advice on pending and current employment legislation.
- In conjunction with relevant management, maintain a positive industrial relations environment with the Union – proactively manage aspects of the IR agenda for the organisation, including the implementation of appropriate alternative strategies for managing industrial relations onsite.
- Partake with local management in related HR activities leading to productivity improvements, efficiencies and cost controls.
- Provide management with advice and guidance on the handling of disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all aspects of employment legislation
- Absence Management – together with site management and occupational health ensure that attendance targets are maintained and appropriate actions formulated to address
- Partake with wider HR team in designing HR services which fit business needs to ensure we remain competitive and in line with current legislation.
- Involvement in business projects onsite and across the wider organization as required
- Other HR-related responsibilities as required by the business
Job Requirements for role of HR Manager:
- The successful candidate will have at least 5-7 years experience in a similar role.
- HR experience in a unionised manufacturing environment is essential
- Experience of performance management
- Experience of change management
- Experience of driving successful problem solving and dispute resolution.
- Direct experience of dealing with bodies such as the LRC, Labour Court, Rights Commissioners and the Employment Appeals Tribunal.
- Experience in Continuous Improvement principles within a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with both the local and national HR/IR landscape
- Strong knowledge of employment law at national and EU level
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels both internally and externally
- Develops others in order to improve individual and team performance
- Demonstrates the flexibility and adaptability to be successful in a changing environment
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and determination in seeking out and meeting challenges
- Actively listens and shares knowledge and information with others in a timely manner
- Organises and prioritises resources and activities in an efficient manner
- Strong negotiation and dispute resolution skills
Qualifications needed for role of HR Manager:
– A third level qualification in a relevant discipline / CIPD qualified.
If you are interested in the role of HR Manager please send Cv to Jason.OGrady@Chase.ie or call Jason on 066 9762007
Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce we are recruiting a HR Manager for a major client based in Kerry. The HR Manager will be responsible for human resources activities at our clients site covering both unionised and non-unionised employees. Responsibilities of the HR Manager: Lead the HR function in a large multi-plant manufacturing facility Continue […]View Job >>