Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce we are recruiting for a Line of Route Foreman for one the biggest Rail organisations in the Middle East.
The Line of Route Foreman manages the team of rolling stock technicians that are strategically positioned on the route to respond to incidents affecting rolling stock.
The Line of Route Foreman will manage these staff and enhance their ability to respond to incidents and take condition data from trains. In some cases they may be requested to undertaken light maintenance and repair tasks and be the first responder to incidents which may occur at Customer sites.
Line of Route (LOR) Foreman Principal Duties and Accountabilities
- Liaise with the OCC and depot to respond to incidents in a timely manner such that services are not unnecessarily delayed and a high level of safety compliance is adhered to
- Develop the training and competence plan for the LOR team and manage its implementation
- Manage the LOR team’s personal requirements
- Manage the team such that cover is provided at all facilities 24/7/365
- Undertake staff assessments
- Undertake day to day administrative tasks for the team at all locations
- Ensure materials are correctly distributed to enable repairs to be undertaken and planned maintenance completed as required
- At incidents ensure evidence of incidents is protected and recovered without damage
- Write technical and operational reports on incidents and interview key personnel involved in incidents
Line of Route Foreman Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Ensure that all persons are aware of safety procedures and embed a strong organisational and team culture – seeking to develop a positive attitude to health and safety among all staff.
- Ensure that when staff respond to incidents that safe protection of personnel, and rolling stock assets is correctly enforced
- Ensure a safe working environment by leading on the implementation of Health and Safety policy, systems and procedures.
- Develop and deliver work methods and standards that will ensure health and safety legislation is complied with.
- Embed health and safety teaching within all activities of the LOR team
- Establish that all equipment, plant and substances used are suitable for the task and are kept in good working condition; this includes the regular maintenance and servicing of equipment and tools
- Provide world class supervision to ensure that work is conducted safely at all times.
Line of Route Foreman Skills
- Demonstrable leadership and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills both written and oral, preferably English and Arabic
- Excellent presentational skills both written and oral
- Self sufficient in undertaking day to day duties
- Diligence in record keeping (hard and soft copy) and administration
- Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement in both own and other’s areas
- Team player and willingness to support others when needs arise
- An ability to undertake complex work in a planned and systematic manner
- Adherence to processes defined in the RSM safety and quality management system
Line of Route Foreman Experience, Knowledge Requirements
The role holder will be required to have:
- 10 years industrial experience (preferably in the rail environment)
- 5 years experience in rail maintenance front line management
- Experience in the maintenance of Rolling Stock
- Working knowledge of Safety Critical Working Regulations
- Working knowledge of railway standards is desirable
- Experience of working in a service environment
Line of Route Foreman Minimum Qualifications and Training Requirements
- Mechanical or electrical technician qualification (either apprenticeship or degree)
- Line of route safety certification
- Clean driving licence
Line of Route Foreman Other factors
- Willingness to be flexible to help the organisation to meet changing demands.
- Some out of hours and off site working will be required and regular travel along the route
If you are interested in this position please send a copy of your CV to Jason.OGrady@Chase.ie or call Jason on 00353 (0) 66 9762007
Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce we are recruiting for a Line of Route Foreman for one the biggest Rail organisations in the Middle East. The Line of Route Foreman manages the team of rolling stock technicians that are strategically positioned on the route to respond to incidents affecting rolling stock. The Line of Route […]View Job >>