Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce we are recruiting a Netherlands Market Specialist for our client to be based in Amsterdam.
Netherlands Market Specialist will assist the Netherlands Manager in the development, implementation and measurement of clients Route to Market services, to deliver sustainable business lead conversions for Irish food and drink exporters in the sectors of strategic priority in the Netherlands.
Key Accountabilities of Netherlands Market Specialist
- To contribute to the development and annual review of clients strategy implementation plan in the Netherlands.
- To deliver Route to Market client services that are instrumental in the growth of Irish food and drink exports to the Netherlands in the key sectors defined in the local market strategy implementation plan, in line with the new Route to Markets and Plan to Grow structure.
- To proactively build a network of Dutch trade contacts in priority sectors across all channels and in various roles (notably buyers, innovation & marketing teams, CSR teams) within identified key accounts to increase the awareness of Ireland’s sustainable food and drink supply base and build the reputation of the Irish food industry with key buyers, importers and other stakeholders in the Netherlands.
- To localise and implement effective communication tools in line with the new marketing way to ensure optimum reach for clients trade messaging on industry capabilities and our unique sustainability credentials, consumer messaging on our unique product attributes/production USPs in relevant priority sectors via local PR and trade/consumer media buying.
- To become a Dutch market insights expert, collating and disseminating
relevant and timely market and sector information, to partner client companies and to share knowledge with colleagues in line with the best practice set out by The Thinking House.
Main Duties of Netherlands Market Specialist
- Contribute to the development of Irish food and drink client companies’ local commercial marketing strategies in partnership with the sectors and insights teams.
- Help clients implement their plans, through building and managing relationships with the right internal & external stakeholders, whether it be sales teams, agency partners, buyers, merchandisers, distributors or media, as well as measuring their impact in order to correct & optimise them where needed.
- Based on the client segmentation model, assist Irish food and drink clients turn their commercial marketing strategies into effective local implementation & activation plans.
- Set the standard for how clients should engage with their key accounts in the Netherlands, actively fostering stronger commercially focused relationships between clients and the trade through peer-to-peer key account management, mentoring and wider networking events, including local trade fairs and inward buyer visits.
- Become an expert in Dutch market insights in priority channels and sectors by attending local industry conference, reading and analysing local industry trade journals, research and reports; and disseminating this information in line with the Thinking House best practice to grow categories exponentially in partnership with the Irish food and drink industry.
- Actively encourage Irish food and drink exporters to consider business opportunities in the Netherlands by organising regular market study visits to the region and managing the implementation of clients Marketing Fellowship assignments in the Netherlands
- Proactively identify, meet and establish relationships with existing Dutch customers for Irish food and drink products in priority sectors as well as seeking to grow the office’s network of key trade influencers (including media), channel partners and decision makers.
- Develop a panel of local trade experts who can act as business accelerators and mentors to support the Dutch office on specific Route to Market projects
- Seek out speaking opportunities to present Origin Green and position Ireland’s unique sustainability credentials at key industry seminars and forums in the Netherlands and actively engage and participate in sustainability debates with key opinion leaders in the market.
- Provide input into various internal and departmental reporting mechanisms: Monthly activity reports, market profiles and annual reports. Draft annual plans for the region and budget accordingly.
- Propose and implement multi annual plans in line with job description, strategic objectives, market growth priorities and allocated resources.
Requirements of Netherlands Market Specialist
- Degree level qualification in relevant discipline, e.g. Business, Marketing
- Specialisation in international marketing an advantage
- Membership of relevant professional bodies e.g. Marketing Institute of Ireland or other appropriate is advantageous
- 3 + years’ experience operating in an export marketing, sales or business development role in Ireland, Britain or international markets
- Experience building and distilling market insights
- Successful implementation of high profile marketing events or projects
- Knowledge of the Irish Food, Drink and Horticulture sector
- Proven record of working independently in an export market
- Proven experience of building credible professional relationships with suppliers, trade customers, media, diplomats and politicians both in Ireland and the Marketplace
- Proven experience operating professionally in different cultures
- C1 Dutch highly advantageous
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong verbal and report writing ability in English and ideally the local language
- Highly tuned influencing and negotiating skills adapted to the local culture
- Proven organisational skills and practical application of project management tools and techniques.
If you are interested in the role of Netherlands Market Specialist please send resume to Jason.OGrady@Chase.ie or call Jason on 00353 (0)66 9762007
Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce we are recruiting a Netherlands Market Specialist for our client to be based in Amsterdam. Netherlands Market Specialist will assist the Netherlands Manager in the development, implementation and measurement of clients Route to Market services, to deliver sustainable business lead conversions for Irish food and drink exporters in the sectors of […]View Job >>