Job Type:Full Time
Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce we are recruiting a Purchasing Manager for our client based in Oman.
Purchasing Manager will provide the cost-effective purchase of all materials and services as required by the procurement plan whilst ensuring quality control and compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
Accountabilities of Purchasing Manager
- Conducting Research to ascertain the best products especially feed & food commodities and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Liaising between suppliers, manufactures, relevant internal departments and customers.
- Maintain a database of approved suppliers in order to ensure information on availability and an efficient purchasing process.
- Identifying potential suppliers especially from the dairy industry, building and maintaining good relationship with them.
- Be aware the fluctuations of the dairy commodity market and get updated with the price movement on a daily basis.
- Assist with tendering and the consolidation of major purchases to secure the best possible pricing by leverage.
- Maintain thorough and complete purchase and inventory records to provide accurate accounting of all purchased goods and services.
- Attempt to resolve all disputed purchases of goods and services for the protection of the organization and with fairness to the supplier and escalate issues as necessary.
- Maintain minimum stock for fast moving items of consumables, raw materials and ensure continuous supply.
- Ensure the maintenance of the Purchasing Module of the ERP System.
- Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities
- Coordinate with Procurement and Legal regarding drafts of contracts, terms & conditions of all Purchase Orders in line with the Delegation of Authority
- Remain abreast of best in class practices and trends and introduce improvements to existing products and services to enhance the business delivery model
- Ensure proper target setting and carry out periodic reviews of employees’ performance to measure progress against targets and allow the realization of Departmental and individual performance indicators
Requirements needed for role of Purchasing Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Master’s Degree in Material Management/Supply Chain.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply or an equivalent body.
- Advanced Diploma in Purchasing & Supply.
- 10 years of experience in a similar role in a FMCG environment, preference will be given to candidates from the Dairy Industry.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Written and spoken Arabic is an advantage.
If you are interested in role of Purchasing Manager please send a copy of your resume to Jason.OGrady@Chase.ie or call Jason on 00353 (0)66 9762007
Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce we are recruiting a Purchasing Manager for our client based in Oman. Purchasing Manager will provide the cost-effective purchase of all materials and services as required by the procurement plan whilst ensuring quality control and compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures. Accountabilities of Purchasing Manager Conducting Research to […]View Job >>