Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce we are recruiting a Resident Civil Engineer for our client based in Cork.
Main Responsibilities of Resident Civil Engineer
The Resident Engineer for the project will have responsibility for the site supervision activities in relation to civil works for the project and his duties shall include:
- Reporting to the Senior Resident Engineer
- Liaison with the other members of the Resident Engineer Team;
- Reporting to Employer’s Representative;
- Deal with contractual matters on site related to civil works;
- Coordinating Contract interfaces with respect to civil works;
- Liaison with Stakeholders;
- Assessment of Contractor claims and writing reports on same;
- Assessment of Contractor payment applications against work completed;
- Assessment of Contractor performance against Contractual KPI’s;
- Assessment of Contractor submissions including method statements and preparation of clear comments;
- Review Contractor design submissions against Employers’ requirements and preparation of clear comments;
- Supervision of the works, keeping records, measuring, managing correspondence, and contractual documentation;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Key Requirements of Resident Civil Engineer
- Hold a degree in Engineering or an equivalent professional qualification in Engineering;
- Have a satisfactory knowledge of civil engineering works, building construction, and project management;
- Have at least 7 years satisfactory post graduate experience of which at least 3 years was in on-site supervision, contract administration and project management of civil engineering works;
- Have experience in the construction of water/wastewater treatment plants, pipelines and pumping stations or similar works;
- Be capable of writing clear and concise reports and keeping works records;
- Be proficient in the use of computers in relation to document handling and production of reports;
- Full Clean Driving Licence;
- Have a satisfactory knowledge of construction contracts;
- Attention to detail and ability to comply with Quality Assurance Management Systems is essential
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience in managing the construction of major water/wastewater infrastructure through to successful commissioning.
- Experience in managing the construction of network contracts; pipelines, pump stations etc.
- Experience in the assessment of tender variation claims, contractor submissions and payment applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
If you are interested in the role of Resident Civil Engineer please send a copy of your Cv to Jason.OGrady@Chase.ie or call Jason on 066 9762007
Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce we are recruiting a Resident Civil Engineer for our client based in Cork. Main Responsibilities of Resident Civil Engineer The Resident Engineer for the project will have responsibility for the site supervision activities in relation to civil works for the project and his duties shall include: Reporting to the Senior Resident […]View Job >>