Salary:€22.00 per Hour
Job Type:Full time or Part time
Start Date:May 2018
Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce that we are looking to recruit a Triage Nurse in Carlow for our Client.
The Triage Nurse will be the first point of professional medical contact for patients in Carlow and will provide telephone triage and nurse consultation as appropriate within co-operative protocols and guidelines.
The Triage Nurse will be offered part-time (19 hours) or full time (3o hours) roles.
Duties will include:
- Providing nurse triage and nurse consultation in accordance with protocols and guidelines
- Participating in the development of the triage function within the co-operative
- Participating in the administrative and professional responsibilities of the co-operative team
- Ensuring accurate notes of all consultations are recorded in the patients notes
- Ensuring the accurate recording of all outcomes of patient calls
- Attending and participating in co-operative meetings as required
- Liaising with the multi-discipline team in the operation of the co-operative
- Liaising with other medical services – Acute Hospitals, Ambulance Service etc.
- Participating in the training of future Triage Nurses employed as the co-operative expands and develops
- Being available to attend courses for professional development
- The Triage Nurse shall observe and comply with all reasonable instructions and directions from time to time given by the Nursing Managers and/or the Manager.
During the four month probationary period the Triage Nurse will complete an 8 week intensive training mentorship course.
- Training will be provided in the use of:
- The Call Management System – Telephones
- The Call Handling System – Computer Systems
- The Nurse Triage Protocols and Guidelines.
- Teleguides Decision Support Software
- The Triage Nurse will be paid an hourly rate, which includes all customary and statutory allowances, except of hours worked on Sundays and public holidays.
- The Triage Nurse shall be paid remuneration for hours worked from 0.01am until 11.59pm on Sundays and Public Holidays at a rate of double time.
- The Triage Nurse will be given a Rota showing the shifts (currently for the next eight weeks) for which Triage Nurse is rostered
- The Triage Nurse shall be paid an annual increment at the rate of 5% each year up to and including the seventh year of employment at which stage the Triage Nurse will be at the top of the salary scale.
- Increments shall be payable annually to the Triage Nurses on the anniversary date of their contract
- The Triage Nurses hourly rates are linked to National Pay Agreements.
- All staff are offered participation in the pension scheme. Members of the pension scheme who take up membership of the pension scheme directly following their probationary period are also covered by a death in benefit scheme.
Evening 17.45pm – 12.15
Evening 18.00 – 2am
Overnight 12.00am – 8.00am
Overnight 12.00am – 9.00am
- Weekends/Public Holidays
Morning 7.00am – 3.00pm
Morning 7.30am – 3.30pm
Morning 8.30am – 4.30pm
Evening 4.30pm – 12.30am
Midday 10.00 am – 6.00 pm
Overnight 12.00am – 9.00am
If you are interested in the Triage Nurse position in Carlow please contact email@example.com or call me in the office on 066 9762007 for more information
Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce that we are looking to recruit a Triage Nurse in Carlow for our Client. The Triage Nurse will be the first point of professional medical contact for patients in Carlow and will provide telephone triage and nurse consultation as appropriate within co-operative protocols and guidelines. The Triage Nurse will […]View Job >>