Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce we are recruiting for a Financial Control Manager for our client based in London.
The Financial Control Manager will report functionally to the Chief Financial Officer of the Group.
The Financial Control Manager is responsible for implementing, maintaining and reporting against the business plan for that business on a timely basis and against the budget for this specific department.
Responsibilities will include preparing & implementing company financial policies, systems & procedures, generation of timely & accurate financial data, the timely billing & collection of receivables and management of the cash flow. The candidate will also be expected to provide innovate and insightful financial leadership and act as a true business partner to the country general manager.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE FINANCIAL CONTROL MANAGER:
Financial Reporting and Administration
- Implementation of group financial control policies and procedures
- Adherence to group required reporting deadlines
- Ensure all government statutory returns and payments are kept up to date
- Prepares & administers company payroll accurately and on time
- Prepares adhoc internal reports as directed
- Responsible for managing intercompany transactions according to group guidelines
- Play an active part in the annual budget preparation with functional and general manager
- Ensure that the business is tax compliant
- In addition to the financial accounts work alongside the General Manager and Project Management team to make sure we have accurate forecast and trending for the business
- Provision of accurate and timely management reports to both local managers and to corporate
- Contribute to decision making in the business
- Be responsible for ensuring that the business is adequately covered by insurance
- Safeguarding of Company Assets
- Manage the lines and limits of authority for the group
- Manage and promote financial operating procedures in the group
- Support any software system changes and implementations
- Support local management and corporate with any change management initiatives
Risk Management and Corporate Governance
- Ensure that we are bidding to and contracting with credit-worthy customers and suppliers
- Review and sign off on bid price submittals focusing on the financial aspects
- Develop realistic cash flows for all bids with the proposals team
- Working with the project teams, ensuring that you have an intimate knowledge of the financial performance of all active projects
- Communicate all risk issues on a timely basis to both local management and corporate
Corporate Finance and Treasury
- Management and control of all the company bank and petty cash accounts and assets
- Develop partner relationships with financial institutions so that the appropriate levels of working capital, banking facilities and bonding facilities are in place to support the development and expansion of the company and the group.
- Introduce strong Cash flow management in the company.
- Work with the General Manager and the Project Management team to maximise billing, collection of cash and working capital.
- Target building a strong local balance sheet that will support a sustainable business model
- Work with the general manager and other senior management to articulate and implement a clear financial strategy for the group
- Provide leadership and support to the strategic plans developed for the business
- Be prepared to challenge both existing practices and new developments
Finance Function Leadership, Relationships and Team Development
- Development of a finance team that is effective, responsible & result driven
- Along with the management team, work on bringing cultural change in the working environment continuing to move towards an energetic, challenging and best in class organization
- Development of career path planning and setting performance KPIs for the finance department and individuals
- As a key element of company management team develop a solid working relationship with the General Manager and the rest of the management team.
- Management of third party relationships including banking, legal, insurance, auditors, suppliers and customers
Role Requirements for Financial Control Manager
- Fully Qualified Accountant
- Minimum 10 years post qualification experience
- Background in the engineering and construction business in the UK
- Some experience in ERP implementation (Microsoft Dynamics preferably)
- Proven experience in being part of a leadership team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
If you are interested in the role of Financial Control Manager please send a copy of your Cv to Jason.OGrady@Chase.ie or call Jason on 00353 66 9762007
Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce we are recruiting for a Financial Control Manager for our client based in London. The Financial Control Manager will report functionally to the Chief Financial Officer of the Group. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Financial Control Manager is responsible for implementing, maintaining and reporting against the business plan for that business […]View Job >>