Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce we are recruiting for Head of Enterprise Risk Management for our client in Washington, USA.
The Head of Enterprise Risk Management will assist the Country CEO to build the newly established unit and expected to harness a strong Risk governance framework covering all divisions of Business.
The Head of Enterprise Risk Management is responsible for providing robust independent oversight and monitoring of liquidity, market, credit/counterparty, operational risk. In doing this, he/she will work closely with the Group Risk Management units to ensure the Group methodologies, policies, procedures and limit frameworks are established in the Branch. Additionally, the potential candidate will build, produce and regularly update the risk report suite to ensure consistency and compliance with the bank’s risk tolerance.
Key Accountabilities of Head of Enterprise Risk Management:
- Production of daily Liquidity Risk report to ensure the Treasury is operating within the defined structural mismatch limit.
- Ensure accurate reflection of Group Treasury behavioral model driven outputs are incorporated into the Liquidity reports.
- Assess the application of pre-defined behavioral assumptions on customers and transactions and contribute to active Balance sheet management.
- Provide oversight of all aspects of Liquidity Risk including stress testing and contingency funding planning.
- Develop & enhance the report suite & dashboards to capture risks (including early warning indicators) and facilitate front office make important business decisions.
- Liaise with local Compliance and Treasury teams to ensure economic trends, business initiatives and their impact on Liquidity positions are discussed and assessed regularly.
- Quantify portfolio risk, analyze P&L movements, liquidity risk drivers, funding trends/ issues whilst keeping abreast of changing market environments and regulations & develop stress scenarios & impact analysis.
- Ensure the Bank maintains adequate Capital Equivalency Deposit (CED) and collateral on the USCP program with the FED.
- Credit Portfolio reporting and management – Economical capital calculation, model governance,general provisioning for expected loss computations & risk dashboard and portfolio reports for theRisk Management Committee
- Review Murex generated reports and ensures deals executed are within the Approved Product List and within the limits.
- Consolidation market risk metrics, trend analysis and regular report production to ensure Americas is operating within the Group approved limits.
- Responsible for monitoring of Interest Rate in the Banking Book managed with an adequate hedges
- Conduct the responsibilities of a Business champion and roll out the risk framework which includes, loss data caption, deep dive analysis of operational losses with high frequency or severity
and put in place mitigating strategies where possible.
- Conduct Operational risk program elements for Group Treasury such as Risk Self-Assessment (“RSA process”)
- Establish key control testing, define key risk indicators and monthly monitoring. In addition, act as the 2nd line of defense in escalating operational risk events to senior management.
- Ensure that all risk reports are reviewed, validated and analyzed before and after dissemination to stakeholders.
- Report, escalate limit breaches and maintain a log.
- Participate in risk limit and guideline setting process via engagement with the 1st line, Group Treasury, Finance and other areas in Risk Management.
- Attend and contribute to monthly Branch Risk Committee meetings.
- Actively contribute to the implementation and improvement of methodology, country addendums – policies and processes related to risk management.
- Assist in delivering certain strategic projects, especially the IT infrastructure upgrade by ensuring Murex upgrade, its interface with key settlement and core banking systems and the report designs are defined and automated.
- Ensure the franchise operate within all US, Curacao and UAE regulatory ratios.
- Conduct and deliver ad-hoc assignments and analysis for Senior Management and Regulators
- Liaise with Internal and external Audits & regulators, develop responses and ensure Americas compliance.
Knowledge & Experience Needed for role of Head of Enterprise Risk Management :
- The successful candidate will have at least 15 years of relevant working experience.
- Prior US centric experience especially in Enterprise Risk Management is essential.
- USA specific regulatory requirements and processes are essential.
- Post-graduate qualification(s) or professional qualification in Economics/Finance.
- Proficient in all Wholesale Banking and Treasury products, systems and processes are is highly desired and is a plus.
- Able to manage and communicate effectively with Regulators, Senior Management and other external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to plan, lead and manage change within a strong leadership team.
- Strong analytical, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Strong management skills and ability to lead influence and engage stakeholders
if you are interested in the role of Head of Enterprise Risk Management please send a copy of your resume to Jason.OGrady@Chase.ie or call Jason on 00353 (0)66 9762007
Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce we are recruiting for Head of Enterprise Risk Management for our client in Washington, USA. The Head of Enterprise Risk Management will assist the Country CEO to build the newly established unit and expected to harness a strong Risk governance framework covering all divisions of Business. The Head of Enterprise Risk Management […]View Job >>