Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce that we are currently recruiting a Development Chemist for a major client of ours based in Cork.
As development chemist you will drive the technical development of the Food and Dairy Chemistry and Environmental Laboratories in Cork and will provide technical advice, support and expertise to Sales and Operations teams as well as to customers. Your role will include selection, development and validation of equipment and test methods to meet customer requirements and in accordance with ISO1702, INAB requirements and other regulatory standards. You will ensure all new methods are risk assessed and costed before transfer into routine use and comply with Health and Safety procedures.
You will provide technical leadership, training, supervision and support to laboratory departments in delivering technically valid results in a timely manner. To proactively assist management with technical and operational development to ensure both business objectives and customer requirements are consistently delivered
Main responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage a continuous improvement and technical review programme to develop testing services to ensure best practice and to meet current and future industry and legal obligations
- Evaluate new techniques, methods and instrumentation and prepare proposals for potential capital investment and process improvement projects to assist in strategic planning.
- Lead and proactively manage method validations to meet INAB/ISO17025 and customer requirements
- Manage projects from inception to rollout for routine use including training relevant staff
- Provide technical, project management and reporting support for retailer projects
- Exercise a sound commercial and financial awareness to help reduce expenditure and maintain costs within the required budget requirements
- Analyse data including application of statistical analysis tools. Write and review validation protocols and reports.
- Support QA Department with SOP and test method review and performing internal audits.
- Supporting the timely investigation of customer complaints, queries and other sources of non-conforming work
- Provide a high level of customer service and maintain working knowledge of relevant legislation, industry standards and trends
- Acting as an Authorised Signatory for Test Certificates where required, report all results in a format required by the customer, providing relevant technical support as appropriate.
- Have an active role is developing the capability and range of testing provided by the Laboratory to support profitable growth
- Uphold client confidence in the accuracy and response times of testing
- Assist with customer projects and support key account management activities where required
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Degree / Master’s level qualification or equivalent in Analytical Chemistry, Food Science or other relevant subject
- Record of ongoing professional development with membership of a relevant professional body
- Extensive practical analytical chemistry and instrumentation experience (>3 years) ideally in a high-volume contract laboratory or food industry is preferable
- Good working knowledge of contract testing laboratory activities as relevant to the food, dairy, water and environmental sectors
- Very strong technical, troubleshooting, report writing, and statistical skills would be an advantage
If this position of Development Chemist is of interest to you, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or call me today on 066 9762007
Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce that we are currently recruiting a Development Chemist for a major client of ours based in Cork. JOB SUMMARY As development chemist you will drive the technical development of the Food and Dairy Chemistry and Environmental Laboratories in Cork and will provide technical advice, support and expertise to Sales […]View Job >>